Did you know there’s a shit load of bad-ass feminist t-shirts on Etsy? Take your pick from the following – there’s even one for Jenson! Feminist AF, £15.99, girl power, £6.99, don’t be a dick, £14.99, girl gang badge, £3.75, … Continue reading
We made it! We survived the most depressing month of the year. I might not have done too well on the old resolutions (does one bath cut short by a screaming baby count as self-care?) but there’s still 11 months … Continue reading
How cool does this book sound? 100 women who have changed the world, aka bad girls throughout history. Beautifully illustrated, this book features total bad asses, including one of my faves, Nora Ephron, Maya Angelou, Jane Austen and Joan Jett. … Continue reading
I’ve finally done it! I’ve picked the ultimate gifts for my 29th birthday and Christmas stocking. Is 29 too old to still be doing Christmas lists? I’ve already been asked by two people if there’s anything special I’d like for … Continue reading
When my friend pointed out these Dump Trump tees, I knew I had to have one. This is a men’s fit and New Look also do women’s t-shirts but I much prefer the colour of the men’s one. It’s £7.99.
I said I’d be back today with another post on mental health. You’d be forgiven for thinking that’s not the case, looking at the title of the post, but this woman has done so much to normalise mental health issues and to encourage people to recognise that it’s ok not to be ok that she deserves a little shout out.
Gemma Correll is a British designer/illustrator and has created loads of little pick me ups for those moments where you need a bit of reassurance that you’re not alone and that this too shall pass. Here are some of my faves.
1. Whenever I get stressed out with my workload, my colleague and friend always says “you’ve got this”. And she’s right! This postcard reminds me of her.
2. If you struggle with anxiety and depression, chances are you’re an over-thinker. I’m sure most of us can relate.
3. We all need a reminder to look after ourselves sometimes.
4. I feel like she totally gets me! I totally need these stickers for my bujo.
5. This introvert’s journal is one of my favourite things in the world. It doesn’t just look great on the outside but it has a great layout too – perfect for a frazzled blogger!
6. I love how relatable and funny everything is, rather than serious and patronising. The Feminist Activity Book was the first thing added to my Christmas list this year. It’d make a great stocking filler for a lot of people I know, come to think of it.
Activity book, £9.61
7. The book, Being A Girl, looks like the kind of thing I could have done with a decade ago. Totally still want to read it now.
8. Already convinced that this girl is awesome? Her book, The Worrier’s Guide to Life, sounds like it’s gonna be pretty epic too, right? It’s even available as a calendar!
9. She created a feckin’ epic series of illustrations about what #mentalillnessfeelslike
10. She contributed to this awesome book about mental health problems and young people.
Need a daily dose? Give her a follow on Instagram for regular smiles :)
Prepare yourself for some epic reading as I make up for being MIA last week. I may not have been updating my own blog but I kept checking out my faves. Here’s a round-up of my fave posts from the … Continue reading
You know I can’t resist a good tag or trend, so I had to get in on the #threefictionalcharacters action. In case you’ve missed it, it’s where you define yourself in three fictional characters in a meme/collage. According to this … Continue reading
Another awesome week in the blogosphere, packed with Feminist Fridays, blogging tips and yummy baked goods. Pour yourself a brew and enjoy!
I really need to listen to Regina Spektor’s new album. Love that gal
Feminist Fridays? Bleddy good idea!
I’m not a fan of Zoella. The girl is clearly good at what she does but her content doesn’t really do a lot for me. But even I’ve got to admit that her new home range looks pretty awesome
Get more hygge in your life
I want this Totoro chair so bad!
Italy is very near the top of my travel bucket list
I feel like the only person who has never been to Brighton! It looks a bit like a home away from home. Need to go!
How awesome does Mayim Bialik’s book ‘Girling Up’ sound?!
Totally inspired by Holly’s post
I’m def gonna try these apple and granola puff parcels
Lemon and blueberry scone slices? Yes please!
Cat has some great tips on how to grow your Twitter following
Linked In is a vital tool for bloggers and freelances. Holly has some advice on making it work for you
So many social media tips this week! My fave comes from Gwennan – she gets a million impressions a month on Pinterest!
Film & TV
Looking forward to The Good Wife spin-off
Having a baby? At the risk of freaking you out, reading Amy’s post about induction. A friend of mine had to be induced last year and she was told nothing about it beforehand by her midwife! As scary as these things are, it’s better to be prepared.
What have you loved reading this week?
There’s something good about finding the time to publish these weekly posts late on a Saturday night (#partyon) – it means y’all have loads to read over your Sunday morning coffee! You’re welcome. Read on for Cornwall travel tips, beautiful … Continue reading