Just enough time for a little Follow Friday before I head off to Bedfordshire. I procrastinated a wee bit this week, spending last night searching the whole of Argos for suitable toys for Jenson for Christmas and this afternoon making … Continue reading
Jenson has been teething for a few weeks now and although we still can’t feel anything pointy coming through his gums, it’s already causing him some discomfort. He’s constantly chomping on his little fingers and he wants to put everything … Continue reading
You may have noticed that my Follow Friday posts have a slightly different format now. Whenever other bloggers share posts they love, they throw in a little bit about why they liked it, rather than just sharing the title of … Continue reading
Because so much of ‘my’ month is filled with photos of Jenson, I’ve decided to split this post into two parts – one featuring my month (general lifestyle shiz) and one featuring Jenson (outfits, toys, activities, etc). Fun, right?
1. I wrote about my miscarriage for Baby Loss Awareness Week
2. I went to The Front Room in Penzance for coffee and cake. Their caramel shortbreads are incredible!
3. I cut this out of my garden seeing as how we never sit out there. It brightened up my desk for a few days
4. I treated myself to a completely new outfit – dress, cardigan, tights, boots, the lot.
5. I also treated myself to ridiculously warm PJs from Sainsburys
6. Here are the new boots! I went for the traditional Instagram shot and only realised later that there was some litter in the pile of leaves. Not impressed.
7. Train trip to Plymouth minus baby! Breakfast and reading material were taken care of.
8. I was unimpressed with The Entertainer toy store in Plymouth. Pink floor in the girls’ corner? Oh, hell no!
9. Next was much more impressive, with superhero t-shirts in the girls’ section.
10. No trip to Primark is complete without new PJs. I loved this Alice in Wonderland combo.
11. I stocked up on motivational quote postcards from Paperchase. My inspo wall is looking incredible.
12. Did you know that you can get a Roald Dahl book with every Happy Meal? Such a great idea!
13. Caught up on my Glamour subscription on the train and loved this article about raising a feminist son…
14. … and Dawn O’Porter’s about a mother’s love.
15. Saw Spectre and The Martian this month. I bleddy love our cinema.
16. My mum let me have an early Christmas present so that I have a non-changing bag day bag. Love this bag and purse combo from Accessorize.
1. The playmat has become the token baby photo backdrop. Lion cardigan and trousers both from F&F.
2. Gary the Giraffe (I named him) is Jenson’s favourite toy. It’s breathable too so I can leave it in the cot when I’m not in the room.
3. He also loves this crinkly cow book – everything has to go in his mouth.
4. He likes sleeping with his hands over his eyes like this at the moment. I’m tempted to paint eyes on his palms, Pan’s Labyrinth style.
5. He’s got a walker which works as a rocking chair until he’s ready to start roaming around.
6. We’ve made the move to the big boy cot – although it’s in the living room for nap time at the mo as it’s too big for the bedroom. He’s spending his nights in the travel cot for now.
7. I was very impressed with The Front Room’s mini creche. They have a cute little spot under the stairs for you to pop your baby in while you have your coffee. Genius!
8. My lovely friend, Cassie, bought Jenson a Paddington Bear book set. It’s so beautifully presented.
9. Jenson still adores his Loved So Much playmat. We’ve taken the bars off it now for him to have something just to chill out on in the office. He loves snuggling under the big, rattly arms.
10. Cuddles with Uncle Rob.
11. He loves grabbing Daddy’s beard!
12. Superbaby chilling out in the ball pit.
13. He took to it so well but because he’s not sitting up unaided yet I need to give him a bit of support. He loves the balls and wants to shove those in his mouth too.
14. He still loves his dinosaur playmat and has managed to pull the toys off the hooks on the odd occasion.
15. I’ve bought him a few different teething toys (Bright Starts, Nuby and The Very Hungry Caterpillar) to try and find something to help and it’s the pack of two from Poundland which he loves – go figure! They go in the fridge and he loves to chew on something cool. Once he starts weaning I’ll try bits of mango straight from the fridge.
16. Jenson has started playing with some of his bigger toys now and has become best buds with this adorable and soft elephant from my cousin. Cuteness!
Let’s see what November brings!
It’s a quickie but still a goodie for my #FollowFriday this week. My mum is taking Jenson for a few hours so me and Luke can have a date afternoon – lunch at The Cornish Barn and Spectre! Cinema trips are few and far between these days. Anyhoo, grab a brew and a biccie and feast your peepers on these cracking blog posts.
Making Time For Blogging – Liza Tait-Bailey
Why I Don’t Click Publish – Liza Tait-Bailey
you can’t pay your rent with “the unique platform and reach our site provides” – Wil Wheaton
21 things all bloggers know to be true – Sophie Cliff
Muddy fun at Godolphin Estate – Life Unexpected
Yep, this is generally a monthly occurrence but I haven’t remembered to photograph a lot of them post-purchase. It’s generally a mad dash to photograph Jenson looking cute in his little clothes before he unleashes a load of vomit. Or … Continue reading
Who knew it was difficult to find the perfect bib? Well, it’s not that hard as my lovely friend Kyla actually sent me the best ones we’ve used to date. Unfortunately, they’re from an Australian site and impossible to get … Continue reading
As much as we like to protest otherwise, it turns out we’re all the same once we become mothers. How many of these can you relate to? 1. You have pictures of poo on your phone. And maybe even a … Continue reading
I’m forever telling Jenson that he’s so scrummy that I could eat him up and I’d love to get a Where the Wild Things Are print for his room. I’d also love him to have loads of awesome books soon … Continue reading
Looking for a cute way to keep your little one’s room tidy and organised? Marks and Spencer have these adorable bunny wicker baskets for £25 each.