I love writing these posts; even if I’ve had a particularly lazy/stressful/shitty week, I’m always able to think of at least five things that have put a smile on my face. In amongst a week full of deadlines, late nights, over-time and, let’s face it, just feeling a little bit stressed out, I’ve taken comfort in a boyfriend who’s a freakin’ genius in the kitchen and fab friends. Mwah!
1. Mums’ night out. A couple of months ago I blogged about my mums’ night out and we only went and did it again! I’m so lucky to have such an awesome group of mum friends. I’m working on dedicating a future post to them.
2. Jodi Picoult. I happened to notice on Facebook that Jodi Picoult has a new book out in November – yay! So, of course, it got its own blog post and, as I usually do, I mentioned Jodi in the tweet I scheduled. And she liked it! I was more than a bit chuffed to have my favourite writer like my tweet/post.
3. Letting go. I mentioned last week that we were a bit mad at the world and unimpressed with how shitty people can be. Since then I’ve decided to just let things go. I’ve always been a big believer in not worrying about things you can’t control and I’ve realised that it’s just not worth getting myself worked up over. I flicked through the Mindfulness Journal a couple of weeks ago and was initially unimpressed with the constant advice to just stop and breathe but I’ve found that Breathe Magazine was actually really helpful. There was a lot of great advice on learning to forgive and to stop worrying – plus the declutter feature was perfectly timed as we’re looking to clear out a lot of stuff before we move. It’s a beautifully designed magazine too – well worth a read.
4. Breathe magazine. As previously mentioned, it’s a beaut of a magazine and I loved the free gratitude journal. It’s peppered with quotes and pretty little illustrations and prompts you to appreciate and remember the people and times that have made you happy. Great idea!
5. Long weekend. I only work Monday-Wednesday (#sorrynotsorry), so I get a long weekend anyways, but this weekend is a Bank Holiday, plus I’ve booked Tuesday off, so I’ve got plenty of opportunities to chill with my boys and get out and explore some more of Cornwall. We’re off back to the Eden Project on Monday with Luke’s parents – fun! :)
What have you been especially grateful for this week? Enjoy your long weekend!